Effective communication is the cornerstone of an effectively functioning organisation.
This short 60 minute workshop introduces participants to models of effective inter-personal communication, and addresses common impediments to communication success.
Participants will gain a better appreciation for the communication process, and have the opportunity to practice effective communication techniques. They will also gain insight into the subtleties of good communication as a pathway to improving their own skills in interpersonal interaction.
This short course in Effective Communication is offered in-house in small groups and can be tailored to meet the particular needs of your organisation. All our workshop presenters are qualified counsellors or registered psychologists, with vast experience in training.
KEY WORKSHOP COMPONENTS
This workshop consists of the following key aspects:
- Understanding the communication process, including non-verbal communication, active listening and the contextual factors which may impact the way we understand each other.
- Learning and practicing real and validated communication skills through a series of practical exercises.
- Understanding the most common blocks to good communication and how these can be overcome.
- Introduction to Emotional Intelligence and its value as a communication skill.
- Improved capacity to get the message across.
- Better interpersonal relationships with other staff, stakeholders and external clients
- Improved team capacity.
- Reduced conflict.
- A more pleasant and congenial workplace.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS SAY
“Great session. Enjoyable, effective communication of concept. Relevant & can be applied to work & personal situations.”
“For the time allocated, all aspects were great.”
Get in touch to find out more about our short workshop program or to make arrangements for one of our courses to be delivered at your premises.