If your school, college or institution has registered to participate in our Student Counselling Service, you will be eligible to see a counsellor through our service.

Support for any issue

Our Student Counselling Service is there to help with any emotional issues that you might be experiencing. These might be related to your school life, or they may be relevant to your particular personal or family circumstances. In fact, we can help you with any issues which may be affecting your overall sense of happiness or mental wellbeing.

Our mental health practitioners are able to provide professional and confidential support for a range of issues and situations, including:

        • Stress or overwhelm
        • Adjustment issues (particularly if you have moved cities or countries to study)
        • Family and relationship issues
        • Bullying
        • Confidence and self-esteem
        • Anger, frustration or agitation
        • Depression
        • Anxiety
        • Other mental health concerns.

For any enquiries related to extensions, leave of absence, special considerations or reporting of student misconduct, please contact Student Services.


Access to Student Counselling Services

If your school has an agreement with us, then you may receive a referral to access our services from your teacher, student services or other school staff. Counselling may be funded either by your school, or you may need to pay for the services yourself. If you are unsure about the details of the counselling agreement set up by your institution, please check with Student Services, or we can clarify the details of your counselling entitlements over the phone.

Student-Funded Counselling

If your school has an agreement for student-funded counselling, they can provide you with a referral to our services, however you will still need to pay for the counselling sessions that you receive.

If you are an Australian citizen, you may be eligible for rebates on your counselling fees through Medicare (although gap payments still apply). Partial or complete rebates may also be available under private health or your international travel insurance. To clarify your entitlement to such rebates, please contact your insurer.

School-Funded Counselling

In some cases, your school may have arranged to fund a pre-determined number of counselling sessions. Under this program, there are two referral streams:

Referral by Students (Anonymous): You can anonymously refer yourself to access your counselling sessions.

Referral by Student Services: You will need a referral from student services in order to access your counselling sessions.

If you are unsure which referral stream applies to your institution, please give us a call.


Where do I go?

We offer a range of service locations – over 30 different locations in Sydney alone – so there is likely to be a location close to your home, school or place of work. We also have an arrangement with a select number of schools to provide counselling on campus. Please contact us for more information about where you can access our service.


Booking a Session

Call us on (02) 8205 0566 to book a counselling session or to enquire about the services available to you. Please mention the name of your institution when you call to book.